Announcement from Rep. Kahrs:
Our nation is on the precipice of electing a new president and we are all reminded how important solid conservative leadership is. Over the past 7 years, we have seen our nation change in significant ways that no one could have ever imagined twenty years ago.
As it is with every election, we Republicans must remain vigilant, doing everything possible to make sure that each and every leadership post and elected office is filled by conservatives who will hold fast to our values at every opportunity.
It is for these and other reasons I am announcing my candidacy for RNC National Committeeman. I believe my conservative values, political experience and consistent support of the party make me the best qualified candidate for this position.
I have been active in the Republican Party in various leadership roles for nearly 25 years, and my conservative credentials have consistently demonstrated a dedication to pro-life, fiscally conservative, limited government and constitutional principles.
As your National Committeeman, I would run to the fight for the traditional moral standards we hold dear – ethical tenets that have made this a great nation by promoting individualism, God-given religious liberties, self-reliance, limited government and solid family values. As a husband and father of three daughters, I believe we must ensure our nation maintains these core cultural values for future generations.
I understand these concepts are at the very core of what we believe but they do not mean much if we do not have courageous people elected in positions to advance those values.
I understand the importance of the financial health of the party organization and the candidates it supports. Throughout my years in the Republican Party, I have raised or contributed over $100,000 in support of the party and many candidates. I believe that fundraising not only for the party, but also for candidates, has to be part of the job of National Committeeman. It really is that important if we are serious about impacting our government at all levels.
The work of a conservative is tireless – you know this because you too have been in the trenches working for candidates, raising money, advancing our values, and working to move our nation and state in the right direction.
It has always been this way, and we must continue to gain ground when possible and constantly press back against the activist liberal agenda being perpetuated by Democrats and their willing accomplices in the media.
I am asking you to support me to continue the hard work of conservatism as your National Committeeman.
As we move toward the Kansas GOP Convention in February, I look forward to sharing more about my campaign and why I think I would serve you and our Republican Party well as the next RNC National Committeeman.
Thank you and God bless,
- Cruz for President – Kansas Chairman
- Kansas Fourth District Republican Committee Chairman 2008-2012
- Kansas Fourth District Republican Committee Treasurer 2004-2008
- Sedgwick County Republican Central Committee Chairman 2000-2004
- Kansas Republican State Committee Member 1998- Present
- Precinct Committeeman 1992-present
- Assisted in legally defeating efforts to make the GOP primary an open primary in Kansas
- Chaired Republican Committee strengthening the KS GOP constitution and by-laws
- Field Director for Congressman Todd Tiahrt 1996
- Kansas House of Representatives Member District 87th District 2013 – Present
- Chairman House Elections Committee
- Judiciary Committee and Appropriations Committee Member
- Vice Chairman of the Kansas Republican House Campaign Committee
- Conservative Leader
- Principled stand to vote against tax increase in 2015
- Secured statewide spring election reform
- 100% Pro-life voting record
- 100% Second Amendment voting record
- Religious Liberty Bill Co-Sponsor
- Sponsored legislation for judicial selection reform
- Wichita Independent Business Association Board Member 2008-2010
- No Casinos Campaign Chairman 2007
- Stand Up for Kansas Chairman 2006-2015
- Wichita Citizens Participation Organization Council Member 1993-1994
- NRA Member
- KFL Member
- Federalist Society Member
- General Counsel -Kansas Family Research Institute/Focus on the Family
- Wichita State University, Bachelors of Business Administration in Management 1986
- Washburn University School of Law, Juris Doctorate 1991
- Washburn Law Review Associate Editor
A fourth generation Kansan, I grew up in Wichita and graduated from Wichita High School East. I earned my B.A. in Business Management from Wichita State University and my Juris Doctor, with Dean’s Honors, from Washburn University School of Law in 1991. I also served as Associate Editor of the Washburn Law Journal.
I am a small business owner and practice law in my own law firm in the area of creditor law.
I am solidly pro-life and committed to protecting our religious freedoms from an overly intrusive government. As a free-market, constitutional conservative, I believe the fundamental principles of lower taxes, smaller government, and economic freedom will help grow our Kansas economy. Promoting and defending these principles is my top priority.
My wife Sherri and I were married in 1995 and have three daughters; Claire (16), Megan (13) and Elise (5). My family and I are members of Heartland Community Church in Wichita.
4th District Co-Chairs and Endorsements
Last week I emailed you to let you know that I am seeking the National Committeeman post at the Kansas GOP Convention next month.
Since making my announcement, my candidacy has gained support from across the state.
Today, I am proud to announce a few endorsements including my 4th congressional district leadership team.
I am pleased to announce that I have received the endorsement of Fourth District Congressman Mike Pompeo.
Having been active in party politics for over 25 years, many of us know Mark as a true conservative warrior. Always willing to stand up for what is right, he is a trusted and true voice for our shared values.Please join me in supporting Mark Kahrs for National Committeeman from the great state of Kansas” – Congressman Mike Pompeo
“I am pleased to support my friend Mark Kahrs to be our next National Committeeman. Mark is one of the leading conservatives in the Kansas House of Representatives and I trust him to stand strong for conservative values.
His decades of experience in party leadership and his work on behalf of the party make him exceptionally well-qualified to serve in this role. I encourage our Kansas GOP state delegates to elect Mark to be their next National Committeeman.” – Todd Tiahrt Kansas National Committeeman
I will be sharing more in the coming days of others who have chosen to help me in my efforts to become your next National Committeeman and I look forward to speaking to every delegate as we near the convention in February.